Dental assistants are like the engine that keeps a dental office running. They are responsible for making sure patients are comfortable, cleaning teeth, taking x-rays, and a variety of other tasks, but rarely do they get the appreciation they deserve. That is because so many people only think about the actual dentist and don’t really think about the supportive staff members that give you a comfortable and welcoming dental experience.
In an effort to help show dental assistants that they are appreciated for everything they do, the American Dental Assistants Association created a week to honor them. This year, Hancock Village Dental in Clermont, Florida is taking part!
Discover the Theme for the 2018 National Dentist’s Assistants Week
Every year the American Dental Assistants Association announces a theme for National Dental Assistant Recognition Week. The theme for 2018 is – advancing the profession through collaboration and leadership.
The American Dental Assistants Association picked this theme as a way to show how the profession is advancing. Throughout the week there will be online lectures, ads, and educational materials that show just how important dentistry is to people’s overall health. Not only is there a focus on the importance of dentistry to health, but there will be a focus on how dental assistants take on many of the responsibilities that help the dental office run smoothly.
When is National Dental Assistants Recognition Week?
National Dental Assistant Recognition Week will start on March 4 and run throughout March 10, 2018. Dentists all across the United States and Canada will be taking part by having events, giveaways, and other activities to show dental assistants just how important they are to the world of dentistry.
What are Some Things That Happen During National Dental Assistants Recognition Week?
Events and activities haven’t been fully planned for the 2018 National Dental Assistants Recognition Week. However, in the past dental offices across the country have some of the following things for this very special honorary week:
- Hosted open houses where prospective patients can come and tour the dental office and meet the dental assistants and dentist
- Host health fairs at schools or malls that focus on teaching the importance of visiting the dentist regularly
- Visiting schools and giving lectures on how to seek a career as a dental assistant or talking about the importance of practicing good oral hygiene
- Running TV, newspaper or radio ads thanking all dental assistants in the area for their hard work
- Local businesses often host free giveaways for dental assistants
- Dental offices often provide giveaways and contests to their dental assistants to show how much they are appreciated
- Dental offices with social media pages often highlight and showcase their dental assistants on their page and talk about their accomplishments
- Displaying banners and other material throughout the office to show this honorary week
- Encouraging patients to come in and thank their dental assistants
- Dentists often provide snacks or lunch to their dental assistants to honor this week
The possibilities are endless for how dental offices celebrate this honorary week.
Hancock Village Dental has Amazing, Compassionate Dental Assistants That Provide Quality Dental Care to Our Patients
Hancock Village Dental located in Clermont, Florida is a small family owned and operated dental office. Our dentist office provides patients of all ages with access to a number of dental services ranging from cosmetic dentistry and restorative dentistry to family dentistry. Given our smaller size, our dental assistants are vital to creating the type of experience we want to provide each and every patient.
We have several amazing dental assistants that work effortlessly to make each and every patient feel welcome. Even the most timid patient who is scared of going to the dentist is made to feel calmed and relaxed by our dental assistants’ warm, welcoming attitude.
Whether you haven’t been to the dentist in a while, are experiencing a dental emergency, new to the area, or just looking for a new dentist, come visit Hancock Village Dental. Our dentist along with the help of our caring and compassionate dental assistants will provide you with quality dental care. Call our office today to schedule an appointment. We look forward to seeing you in our office!